Lecturer with the Rank of Professor
B.S., Physics, University of Scranton, 1973
M.S., Physics, University of Scranton, 1974
Ph.D., Plasma Physics, Dartmouth College, 1979
- Radio frequency heating of tokamaks
- Engineering aspects of liquid lithium walls for fusion reactors
- Modifications to tokamak equilibria introduced by very low recycling boundary conditions
Awards & Honors
- Kaul Foundation Prize for Excellence in Plasma Physics and Technology Development, 2010
- Fellow, American Physical Society, 2007
- AST 555 Fusion Plasmas & Plasma Diagnostics
- D.P. Boyle, R. Majeski, et al., Observation of Flat Electron Temperature Profiles in the Lithium Tokamak Experiment, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 015001 (2017).
- R. Majeski, R. E. Bell, et al., Compatibility of lithium plasma-facing surfaces with high edge temperatures in the Lithium Tokamak Experiment, Phys. Plasmas 24, 056110 (2017).
- C. Hansen, D. P. Boyle, J. C. Schmitt, and R. Majeski, Equilibrium reconstruction with 3D eddy currents in the Lithium Tokamak eXperiment, Phys. Plasmas 24, 042513 (2017).
- R. Kaita, M. Lucia, et al., Hydrogen retention in lithium on metallic walls from “in vacuo” analysis in LTX and implications for high-Z plasma-facing components in NSTX-U, Fus. Eng. Design 117, 135 (2017).
- R. Majeski, E. Kolemen, et al., Development of Liquid Metal Divertors for Fusion, American Nuclear Society Newsletter, June 2017.